Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not My Best Day...

So I got up later today than normal. I woke up around 2:30 coughing like a lunatic and had a hard time going back to sleep. When I finally did get back to sleep, I of course had a hard time waking up. So that put me behind for the day and I didn't get to make my protein shake. I didn't think that this was going to be a big deal, but oh how I was wrong! I was starving the entire day. I literally would have eaten the paper off my kids desks if given the opportunity (too far? ok, too far). And then, I didn't go to the stupid grocery store (aka, hell), so I was out of my pre packed calorie lunch. So I had to eat nasty cafeteria lunch, which while not high in calories, was high in disgust.

On to the rest of the day. As I said, I was starving, so I ate some candy from the front desk (sweetarts) and that seemed to curve the hunger for the moment. But I knew that since I had been off all day, I would have to definitely get a run in when I got home. So I came home and got to work. I decided that I would do my couch to 5k outside today instead of on the treadmill at the gym because it was nice outside and maybe I would do better running outside. WRONG. Let me just give you the rundown of how this went:

1. Everything starts out fine because you have a 5:00 walk to get warmed up. But my muscles felt pretty tight so I should have stretched. I didn't stop. Clue #1: problem.

2. Then you start your run for 1:00, walk for 1:30, on and off. I was doing fine. But the hills in the outside terrain were providing some challenges that I hadn't experienced with the treadmill. And again, my muscles weren't getting any more loose.

3. As stated in the first portion of this blog, I was up early in the morning coughing my lungs out. This is because they and my nasal passages are filled with something I don't care to speak of. Kind of like Voldemort. He's the one we don't speak of. So, as I'm running, I discover that I've been a mouth breather for the past few days and while I'm trying to keep everything in my nose, I also begin coughing. No progress here.

4. My muscles again are TIGHT. Like spandex.

5. The drill sergeant on my app keeps yelling at me to run and about half way through, my hip joint locks up and I literally can only wobble. So, I've got a decision to make: either quit and don't finish the other 15 minutes, or walk the rest of the way. Which one did I choose?

6. Well being that it had not been my best day, I chose to let it end better than it started and I chose to finish out the last 15 minutes walking. Even though Salt-n-Pepa were blasting in my earbuds for me to "Push It" and "Push It Real Good," I was honestly doing my best to wobble around for the last part of my work out.

So, maybe not my best day, but I didn't pound down any oreos and I got my workout in somehow. I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! You fought the beast and won!! That was some good ol' determination. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete