Well, this has been coming for some time, but I didn't know that it would necessarily come like this. For those of you who've never seen a picture of me, I've obviously had weight issues for a long time and I battle them like Harry Potter battles "he who shall not be named" on a regular basis. Trust me, his record is way better than mine on this one. So I decided that I needed to do something different to help myself out. I'm tired of coming up short...or fat, every time, so I wanted a different approach. A way to keep myself accountable and hopefully motivated for longer than my craving for cookies and cheeseburgers can rise back up.
So here it is: I'm writing this blog about my journey through this weight loss process. I feel like Julie from the movie Julie and Julia, lol. Anyway, I can guarantee a few things for those of you that choose to read it:
1. I will probably say some things about myself at times that aren't necessarily nice. It's out of frustration and a way to vent. Hopefully I can tear those walls down about how I feel about my image.
2. I definitely can guarantee that after a little while, I'll be saying some crazy grumpy things without the normal amounts of sugar and fat in my body. Be prepared for what could come there.
3. I despise working out, but that's about to start up, so just wait until I go on a rant about that. I'll be ready to saw off my own legs in a bargain to take a nap.
My requests from you:
1. If I stop posting for a while, please know that I am also taking a graduate course, so I do have lots of homework to accomplish as well.
2. If I stop posting for a while, please know I may be in hiding because I'm eating cheeseburgers and taking long naps in the afternoon. You have my permission to donkey-punch me in the throat when you see me. Please ask first if it is because of number one or number 2. I will be honest! :)
And lastly,
3. Laugh with me, cry with me, and pray for me. I really do want to do this more than I could tell you. This is more of a mountain than I could ever explain, but I am a strong woman. I just need to stay strong with the help of others and most of all, Him!
I love you guys! Here goes everything!
With that said, here's a picture that perfectly encapsulates how I feel about this whole deal:

Yay!! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete